Wednesday, July 12, 2006

It's not big or clever. Don't do it.

Looking through my recent holiday snaps I notice something a trifle off colour.

Take these two seemingly innocuous photographs, taken at St Ives and The Eden Project respectively. Both very public places, the sort of places where you would expect to find people using cameras.


Hold on. What's that near the edge? Oh! Ha ha ha, yes, very funny - someone's taking a picture that's not of us, but let's pose for it anyway! Gosh, you're clever! Yes, that'll show me for having the hubris to use a camera, to take pictures of places I'm at, while I'm on holiday!

Hey, here's my toothbrush, want to stick it up your arse before I click the shutter, yes, that'd be really funny! No, I know, just stand there with and pose like an idiot. That'll show how very witty you are.

Look, I wouldn't have minded just the one person, but this looks like a trend. What Sunday-supplement writer suggested it? Or was it Richard & Judy? Well, if you're reading, I hope you feel satisfied.

If you know these people, be sure to remind them what not to do they don't want their grinning (or pouting - I assume that's what her on the right is attempting) faces plastered over some random blog on the Interwebs.

6 Comments:

At 9:50 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Serves you right for going to fucking "Kernow" in the first place. Hippy!

 
At 9:26 am, Blogger 01-811-8055 said...

I couldn't help it. There's a kind of gravitational force which attracts people from the South East down to the place - fat men especially so.

It really is a terrible affliction. I think the next stages are affecting a strong cockney accent and running a Traditional Tea Shoppe. Or a Pub.

God knows where all the Cornish people have gone. Driving buses in Poland, probably.

 
At 5:58 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i read that "joke" u rote at the horrible tampon site.u r a scumbag to laug about rape. scum men like you make me angry- y do u hate women so much ? u r scum

 
At 6:39 pm, Blogger Larry Teabag said...

Ok, ok. That was me.

 
At 10:43 am, Blogger 01-811-8055 said...

That's a shame - I thought I'd hit the big time for a minute there.

 
At 12:30 am, Blogger merrick said...

I've no idea if this is a wider trend, but me and my brother have been doing this for a year or so now. With the advent of reel-em-off-cos-there's-no-film-costs digital cameras, plus camera phones, the number of photos being taken in public has increased massively.

Consequently, most days there's the opportunity to place yourself in someone's picture.

The trick is to be giving the finger; subtly enough that the photographer doesn't spot it at the time, clearly enough so its unmistakeable when they see the picture.

A pox on your models for just standing there and not making any obscene gestures.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home